celebrating a life

It was quite a task organising and orchestrating a celebration of a challenging and interesting life journey.

I knew that I'd need help and had been to a couple of Humanist led celebrations, which felt right. 

Lynn was a Quaker, and the Friends wanted to have a memorial meeting at another time as she held office at UK and nationally in Wales.

I searched the Humanist UK website for a celebrant and found Tim

https://humanist.org.uk/timothyleyshon/ 


Here's the review I wrote about him.

I knew when I first contacted Tim that I wanted a very specific, unconventional memorial for my parent. He/she had had a remarkable unconventional life and I wanted to tell the story in a sensitive but honest way. It was a bonus that he spoke welsh, although the event was mostly in english.

I'm not sure that a celebrant would usually expect so particular and ask and so controlling a client! It could all have gone horribly wrong.
From the beginning, Tim was a joy to work with, he was a rock, provided advice and reassurance, made constructive suggestions, and on the day  presided over the event, offering a calm supportive presence. He was organised and charming. Family, friends and Lynn's colleagues were all very happy and complimentary about the celebration of a remarkable life. Thanks Tim

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travels in the van 2023: Poland Part 1 of 2

Travels in the Van 2023: Week 12

Travels in the van 2023: Poland Part 2